Defining your life’s purpose.
Have you ever wondered what your life’s purpose is? Contemplated what your real WHY is in your life?
Most people do, but then they go back to answering their emails, completing the never ending to-do-list and getting ready for the next meeting, because it is not the easiest question to answer.
Let me demystify it for you by giving you a different perspective and eight questions to think about as you define what your purpose is.
The first perspective is this, if you don’t know your purpose for your life at the moment, that is ok. Can you tell me what your purpose is for the next one or two years? Then, think about who do you want to have any impact on, is it just you, your family, your customers, your colleagues, your community, your industry, your country or our world? Finally, how do you think you will have an impact in your life, through your talent, ideas, words, gifts, service, expertise, actions, voice or connections?
Now you have a framework, ask yourself these 8 questions …
- What were you put on this planet to create, build, share or have an impact on?
- What would you like to achieve that would be bigger than you, that is outside of you and that would live on after you?
- What is your unique talent that you would like to share with the people who matter in your world?
- What is important to you, that matters to you and that is meaningful to you?
- If you could make one difference to people that are connected with you, what would it be?
- What would you like to be known for and famous for to the people who matter to you?
- Fast forward your life to the age of 90, in looking back on your life what would you be most proud of?
- What do you believe your purpose is?
You can wander through life and end up as someone you never expected to be, or you can have a clearly defined idea and end up where you imagined you would be or not far from it.