We all need inspiration. So what inspires you? Where do you find inspiration? What do you do to recharge your inspiration tank? I was recently in Queenstown in New Zealand. I think it is one of the most beautiful and inspiring places in the world. So it was on this trip that I started to think about this blog topic. Too many people never actually stop to think about what or where or who inspires them.
Inspiration can come from a number of different sources—some random and some planned. Random inspiration is fantastic, it is such a wonderful surprise and the spontaneity of it is joyful. However, I believe we also need to be deliberate in our quest to maintain a level of inspiration that moves us towards what matters and what is important in our lives.
So I know I cannot ship myself off to Queenstown when I feel uninspired, but I can complete rituals and deliberate actions to maintain my level of inspiration during the course of the year. Here are some ideas that work for me …
- I go on retreats with other like-minded people or speakers.
- I book myself into inspiring conferences focused on my passions.
- I take time out to sit under a shady tree on the beach with a pad and pen.
- I have dinner with mentors who I love to hang around with.
- I take photos of a beautiful scene.
- I set a daily goal and achieve it, because making progress inspires me.
- I read books that make me think of the possibilities.
So who, what and where inspires you?
Don’t leave it to chance, make a choice to be inspired by taking deliberate actions.